VP of Finance / Controller
Location: USA (remote)
Reports to CEO and Co-Founder
BeyondID is a Cybersecurity and Cloud Service Management company. BeyondID is serving rapidly growing multi-billion-dollar cybersecurity and cloud industries. We help our customers acquire, deploy and manage cybersecurity and cloud services. We offer consulting, implementation and managed services for best-in-class identity and access management, cybersecurity and cloud platforms.
To support our rapid growth, we are expanding our leadership team. In this role, you will be in charge of overseeing company financial records and projecting future financial investments and plans. You will be responsible for Finance and Accounting operations of the company that includes financial reporting, an accounting system, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the Company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
This is primarily a remote position.
The Ideal Candidate should have:
- 7-10 years of managerial accounting and financial management experience in a rapidly growing start-up environment and taking companies from private to public preferred
- Recent experience scaling a finance operation from inception to at least $50 million in annual revenues.
- Knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Exposure to multinational operations and financial reporting across multiple jurisdictions in Europe and/or Asia
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business. CPA and/or CMA preferred but not required.
- Executive-level experience presenting to board of directors and senior management
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports and statements
- Experience working with a systems integrator or software vendor preferred
- Be self-motivated and ready to take on the challenges of a high-growth business.
- Have direct experience with financial reporting using platforms like NetSuite and Quick Books.
- Have experience in professional services and product development companies
- Have experience with sales tax accounting related to product sales
- M&A Finance Experience
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work without direct supervision, and efficiently manage tasks and time.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with mastery of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with implementing financial software such as NetSuite.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and direct all aspects of accounting operations, overseeing all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll and financial reporting.
- Analyze company’s financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs and compliance with budgets. Issue regular status and ad hoc reports to senior management.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures and ensure conformity to generally accepted accounting principles
- Establish and implement short and long-range departmental goals and objectives and ensure organizational structure is adequate for achieving them.
- Develop and maintain all necessary accounting policies and systems, including general ledger and financial reporting.
- Ensure that records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Oversee contract bookkeeper.
- Provide strategic guidance around capital financing options to support company growth needs.
- Develop and coordinate all relationships with lending/financial institutions.
- Assist senior management in financial planning and results management. Work with other team members to understand revenue and cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking.
- Maintain effective internal control over financial reporting.
- Oversee preparation and filing of quarterly and annual reports.
- Coordinate the preparation and filing of foreign statutory reports.
- Direct financial audits (both consolidated and statutory) and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Present to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Identify appropriate solutions to issues encountered, including technical accounting.
- Coordinating, preparing and reviewing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Coordinating and/or preparing tax schedules, returns and information.
- Managing relationships with insurance providers and ensuring compliance.
- Manage all tax planning and compliance with all required federal, state, local, payroll, property and other applicable taxes.
- Managing cash flow.
- Build an accounting and finance department as the company grows.
- Interact with venture capital partners and board of directors.
- Other finance and administrative duties as required.
BeyondID is an Equal Opportunity Employer.