Modern Identity and Access Management solutions are designed to deliver Zero Trust security, improve workforce productivity, ensure compliance, and enhance customer experience. BeyondID team has been working with hundreds of Fortune 1000 and fast-growing companies to implement the state of the Identity and Access Management solutions focused on these critical organization initiatives:
- Centralized Gateway for Access Control: Protect against security breaches
- Workforce Productivity: Manage user lifecycle and workflows and reduce IT friction
- Customer Identity: Secure and Enhanced Customer or Consumer Experience
- Identity Governance and Administration: Ensure Compliance
Centralized Gateway for Access Control: Protect against security breaches
No business wants to become a headline for having a data breach. But every successful business is a target for cyberattacks. Today, threats arise from outside and inside your company’s security perimeter. Frequently, the root causes of security breaches are tied to internal security vulnerabilities.
The network-based security is no longer adequate. Apps have moved to the cloud and users are accessing them from anywhere, any time, on multiple devices. Despite that, the way enterprises secure access to applications has remained largely unchanged — they are still dependent on the corporate network perimeter and untrusted external networks. The new reality, however, is that people are the perimeter.
Only the proper strategy and actionable plan can protect your company, people and assets against malicious activities in this increasingly mobile and dynamic world.
One of the most important ways to increase protection is to establish and deploy modern identity and access management (IAM). With this security architecture and infrastructure, you can effectively build new perimeters to keep hackers away from corporate assets. This includes:
- Single Sign-On (SSO)
- User Lifecycle Management
- Adaptive authentication
- Data governance
- Secure API access management
Modern security must allow authorized employees, contractors, partners and customers to access digital assets from any device anywhere in the world. This access must be authorized with the proper level of security through policies that include context-based authentication which consider factors such as role, location, time and device.
Workforce Productivity: Manage user lifecycle and workflows and reduce IT friction
In any healthy, dynamic business, employees and contractors will frequently join, leave or change roles. As a result, you will also need to plan and build corporate services that are secure, flexible and efficient.
A robust solution will enable automation for tasks and streamline actions such as approvals. This includes:
- provisioning users to the right applications at the right time so they can be immediately productive
- modifying access rights to applications or digital assets when users transition to a different role
- removing access for users leaving organization
Timely provisioning contributes to a company’s topline and bottomline. Altering or removing access is vital to protecting company assets, eliminating the risk of unnecessary data breaches and reducing security liability.
User lifecycle can be fully integrated with HR systems or IT helpdesk processes so that your HR and IT teams can collaborate effectively to onboard and offboard employees and contractors. Any advanced HR or IT related workflows can also be supported to ensure any complex user activation to remediation efforts.
Doing this right requires that you plan, design and deploy the right user lifecycle system that streamlines user lifecycle and reduce IT friction. Such lifecycle management is a part of a modern identity, governance and administration (IGA) framework.
Customer Identity: Secure and Enhanced Customer or Consumer Experience
A great customer experience drives customer delight and sales.
Customer experience is important to acquire new customers and retain existing customers. This is true for both transactional as well as subscription-based businesses.
Delivering great experiences actually reduces the cost to serve customers. Unhappy customers are more expensive because they are likely to return products, require more support and may even bruise a well-crafted reputation.
One of the best ways to improve customer experience and delight customers is to offer outstanding digital experiences that include personalized marketing and seamless engagement that is consistent throughout the customer journey.
Customers expect that their digital experience with your enterprise will at least be as good as the best consumer grade apps on the market. This is vital to maintaining your appeal to the market and competitive edge.
However, security must also be a major focus. Unauthorized access that leads to data breaches of customer information and account credentials could hurt your business. Using a robust service layer that allows customers seamless access to various cloud or on-premise digital assets is key to an excellent customer experience. A solution that offers enhanced authentication and seamless customer experience without adding complexity is available today.
Building this security and service layer does not have to be complicated. Developers can use their desired language and platform while leveraging best security and API management platform.
Customers can also leverage existing identity services that they have already invested in. That means a security architecture that enables federated access and provisioning to your web or mobile properties using published APIs.
Customers should be able to use social logins and be able to use web or mobile devices for the omni-channel experience. Customer accessing your portal or ecommerce site must get seamless access that protects your brand.
Identity Governance and Administration: Ensure Compliance
The cost of not complying with data and privacy regulations is too high to risk. As a result, governance and compliance controls are an important component of identity and access management. One of the main areas of compliance involves IT systems and data privacy; particularly user access policies.
Key steps to govern user access:
- define and enforce user access policies such as Segregation of Duties (SOD)
- automate the process of reviewing user access rights throughout your organization
Such processes must have the streamlined capability for business managers to approve and revoke access as part of a centralized governance program.
A modern identity, governance and administration (IGA) framework empowers business and IT to work together to meet regulatory compliance and security goals across enterprise applications and data. Such a framework must be comprehensive to cover a full spectrum of enterprise capabilities such as enterprise user lifecycle management, access risk assessment and mitigation, certification, password management as well as robust analytics and reporting to enable business to make the right decisions on enterprise access.
A successful solution accomplishes the following:
- User Lifecycle Management – quickly onboard, manage and simplify Identity Management, by leveraging open integration and full provisioning/workflow capabilities,
- Audit compliance – identify risk and highlight SOD violations across enterprise applications enable communication between auditors and IT
- Access control – reduce risk provide better visibility and user access control by consolidating access entitlements from applications and employing systems for role-mining, modeling, optimization and analytics.
These features support this solution:
- Enable certification – allow users to easily recertify access through flexible and powerful workflow
- Determine SOD violations – create and enforce process for business activity-based SOD and resolution.
- Consolidate access entitlements – enable better visibility and user access control for role mining, modeling and optimization connectors to applications.
- Lifecycle Management – provide complete user lifecycle management that includes integrated workflow provisioning and password management.